- This event has passed.
Bridging for Sustainability
April 30, 2020 @ 4:30 pm - 5:00 pm
This is a time for action, for the benefit of all. We acknowledge and honor everyone who is making a difference in our communities!
What a joy it was to share our amazing Symposium speakers with you and celebrate our Sustainability Leadership Award Winners:
- Staff Award: Makerusa “Mak” Porotesano, PCC
- Student Award: Billy Fish, Reed College, and Michele Bates, PSU
- Non-Profit Award: Lara Andenoro, Sunrise Movement
- Business Award: Caitlin Horsley, PGE
- Community Member Award: Jose Mikalauskas, Verde/OPAL
Our Symposium theme – “A Call for Action” – acheived ouo goals. We learned about cutting-edge sustainability work in our region, kicked off the 50th anniversary of Earth Day, and explored the global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), with lessons in social justice and permaculture, and conversations on how to create resilience in our community.
You can see our Speakers Resource list here and Listen to the Symposium recording.