- This event has passed.
Forestry Lightning Talks
September 12, 2019 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pmFree
Meet eight Fellows from around the world who came to Oregon to see how we meet global forestry challenges. They hope to take what they’ve learned here to improve their communities back home. Fellows will be sharing their project findings and how they are planning to implement change using their new knowledge. What we do in Oregon is inspiring people to impact their own corner of the planet.
Join us for the International Fellows‘ final ten-minute presentations!
- Ana Kanoppa (Brazil): How to mobilize funding for forest conservation in Brazil from international public and private
- Rodolfo Vieto (Costa Rica): Take-home lessons on efficiency tools in forest management for Costa Rica
- Romain Matile (France): How to gain social license to implement controlled burns as a forest fire prevention tool in France
- William Maiden (UK): Lessons learned from urban forest pest and disease management in the context of climate change
- Richard Banda (Malawi): How to create a strong proposal to invest in forest plantations with social, economical, and environmental impact in Malawi
- Temitope Dauda (Nigeria): Landscape modeling tools for restoration in Nigeria
- Zhongyuan Ding (China): How to keep the young generation interested in forestry as a profession in China
- Fen-Hui Chen (Taiwan): Non-timber forest products as an alternative source of revenue to timber in Taiwanese forests