- This event has passed.
POSTPONED- Fundraising workshops led by Thomas Bruner
June 22, 2018 @ 2:00 am - 9:00 am
This event has been postponed. Email [email protected] for questions.
On Friday, June 22 GlobalPDX will host two back-to-back workshops led by skilled and successful fundraiser, Thomas Bruner. Bruner Strategies helps business and organizations do great work in financial development, leadership and governance, and diversity, equity and inclusion. Bruner has helped organizations across the country raise more than $300 million to advance their missions. His workshops are engaging, interactive, fun, and focused on practical tools that participants can start using right away.
Our morning workshop (9:00 am - 12:00 pm) is Increasing Fundraising Success: Using Everything You've Got. In this session we will:
• explore creative ways to leverage your financial, human and programmatic resources to generate additional funding
• strategize how to engage your staff, volunteers, donors, clients and allies as part of your fundraising team
• explore the simplicity - and power - of personal stories to motivate and engage potential donors
**This workshop is geared towards organizations that are newer to fundraising, or that have few or no staff members dedicated to fundraising.
The afternoon workshop (1:00 - 4:00 pm) is Beyond the Meeting Room: Engaging Your Board. In this session we will:
• explore ways to overcome common Board resistance to fundraising
• map and mine the personal and professional relationships of Board members for your organization
• develop individualized donor portfolios for each of your Board members
**This workshop is geared towards organizations with Boards of Directors of any size or level of fundraising experience. There's something we all can learn about achieving the maximum benefit from our Boards.
The workshops will be held at the Mercy Corps Action Center. The cost per workshop is $30 member / $45 non-member or for the full day it will be $50 member / $65 non-member. Registration is now open.
For questions, contact [email protected]