- This event has passed.
Impact Residency deadline
May 7, 2017 - May 8, 2017
Autodesk Sustainability+Foundation and Pier 9 have teamed up to launch a collaborative program, the Impact Residency, to offer high manufacturing capacity for an individual or a team in the Impact Design field.
The selected people will be part of the Fall 2017 Autodesk’s Pier 9 Residency Program, and have access to the Pier 9 workshops (machines, software, trainings, project consulting), in order to iterate on their projects and maximize their impact. In addition, each resident receives a $2,000/month stipend.
What are we looking for:
– Early-stage: Ready to iterate early prototypes in order to scale up to manufacturing
– Impact-driven: Committed to measuring success through demonstrable environmental and/or social impact.
– Technology-focused: A crucial need for sophisticated manufacturing tools
– Motivated team/individuals: Ready to fully engage in a 4-month residence in San Francisco Pier 9 from August to November 2017.
Please contact [email protected] before May 8th if you are interested on exploring the opportunity and they will set up a call to assess your application.
– Current, we are proud to be hosting Solar Fire: Solar Fire Concentration Ltd is tackling climate change, poverty, deforestation and women’s rights by empowering small farmers and businesses by developing truly cost-effective and high-temperature solar thermal technology. At Pier 9, they are developing a shippable, lightweight and fast-to-deploy solar concentrator that can speed up international deployment of their technology.
– Pier 9 is a 35,000 square-foot creative workshop, maker and office space that is equipped with advanced production tools as well as traditional machinery that enable our partners and employees to have hands-on experience building and experimenting with a wide range of materials and processes. It is part of Autodesk’s Digital Manufacturing Group.
- The workshop facilities include the 3D Print Lab, Electronics Lab, CNC Workshop, Wood Shop, Metal Shop, Textiles Lab, Test Kitchen, all equipped with cutting-edge machines and tools.
- Among the 50 monthly workshop course offerings are more than 30 individual machine-training courses, all fully supported by instructors and workshop staff who can guide shop users in their projects from inception to execution.
- Pier 9 is home to Instructables, Bio/Nano Research Group, Ember Lab, OCTO Strategic Innovation Team/Applied Research Lab and many others.
- Check out the Pier 9 Website to watch the video, and gain an overview on the facilities and programs.
– The Autodesk Foundation invests in people and organizations that use design to create positive social and environmental impact. The long-term vision of the foundation is to accelerate and support the growth of Impact Design as a thriving field of practice. The Foundation works in partnership with Autodesk Inc. to create a culture of impact that permeates our products, people and operations.
Check out the Autodesk Foundation website to see a list of our grantees.