Website Oregon Environmental Council
Oregon Environmental Council’s Communications Director leads marketing and communications (or “mar/com”) functions for the organization, maintains a strong organizational brand, and works collaboratively to define OEC’s value and translate that value to target audiences. The position ensures a positive public presence for OEC through earned and owned media channels and proactively recognizes, prepares for and maximizes all external communication opportunities. The Director builds on current strategy and also evaluates and implements a strategic communication and marketing plan that strengthens OEC’s brand, reflects our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion and helps achieve the organization’s programmatic, legislative and fundraising goals.
The Director creates content, manages production and also ensures that strategy is executed efficiently and effectively. The Director works collaboratively with the Program and Development teams to ensure the overall success of the organization.
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Hours: 1.0 full-time equivalent (.8 or .9 negotiable)
Location: Portland, OR
Work type: Hybrid (at least two days per week in office)
Reports to: Executive Director
Supervisory Responsibilities: Up to one direct report
Opening Date: April 19, 2023
Closing Date: Open until filled – first review within two weeks of initial posting
Salary: Full range for position is currently $5795 – $7533 per month. Starting salaries are almost always in the first half of the full range. Offers are made based on an assessment of the candidate’s skills, experience, and abilities in relation to the job description, and also in relation to peer roles in the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategy Communication and Management (~30%)
- Supervises the Marketing and Social Media Manager and or Consultants, and oversees production of all external and internal communications
- Leads development of OEC’s Communications & Marketing Work Plan and oversees the execution of that plan, ensuring that all communications tactics and content align with strategic goals and adhere to brand guidelines
- Works closely with program staff and leadership to design and implement communication campaigns to achieve legislative and program-specific goals
- Ensures OEC’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion is operationalized in our communications plan and that all our communications are culturally competent and designed to reach diverse audiences
- Works with the executive director to prepare all internal, crisis, and executive communications
- Manages OEC’s digital assets, service & software contracts, creative vendors and media subscriptions including Google AdWords campaigns and Google Analytics
- Occasionally represents OEC at coalition, public, and community events
- Regularly analyzes analytics for OEC’s online assets and adapts strategy for maximum organizational benefit (websites, email communications and social media)
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.