GLOBALPDX ANNUAL CONFERENCE 2021
Tickets are now on sale for this all-day event focused on community, collaboration, and celebrating global changemakers. GlobalPDX is excited to host this (un)Conference in a way that allows your voice to be heard while also showcasing the influential individuals of our network.
October 28th, 2021
at McMenamins Kennedy School
WorldOregon NGO Showcase
October 12, 2021 6pm - Online Event
We’re excited to invite you to be a part of WorldOregon’s online 9th Annual NGO Showcase! This event, hosted by the Young Professionals of WorldOregon, highlights Portland metro-based international development nonprofits.
This year, due to the coronavirus pandemic, WorldOregon’s NGO showcase will be held virtually. This year we are giving six local/regional NGOs the opportunity to share the story of their impactful work with a 5-minute Ignite-style presentation.
Welcoming New GlobalPDX Member - Global Health Promise
Helping mothers who are trafficked, or in sex work, and their children.
Our mission is to improve the maternal health of mothers who are trafficked or in sex work and the health of their children. To reach our vision and fulfill our mission we focus on research, service, and advocacy.
Join a community that cares:
In 1996 Irene Tinker began "Dev Drinks", an informal global development group in her home. It was in these meetings, over micro brews and shared philosophy, that GlobalPDX was born. In 2012 Green Empowerment helped transform these informal gatherings into strategic networking events for the global development community. In 2017 Portland State University took GlobalPDX to the next level by developing a framework for GlobalPDX to support local academic pursuits and organizations around Oregon. Ever since GlobalPDX has focused on elevating the impact of globally conscious organizations and amplifying the voices of the passionate individuals of Portland.
A big thanks to our founding Steering Committee Member Organizations who continue to guide the development of GlobalPDX.
Whether your organization has one employee or 1000, you identify as a start-up or a seasoned organization, or are seeking a new network, we have something for you...
- Small INGOs & social enterprises | Promotion to the community and funders, training and shared resources, networking with other organizations, and advertising job, internship or volunteer positions.
- Large INGOs | GlobalPDX will promote your organization, help recruit talented Fellows and employees, and connect you to academic institutions. We will promote high value partnerships with other members on proposals.
- Academic institutions | GlobalPDX is committed to enabling academic programs to connect with practitioners in the field. In addition, we promote your institution, help publicize your research, and assist in placing your students into fellowships and internships.
- Businesses & BCorps Organizations | Direct access to organizations to partner with or sponsor. Promotion of your brand to socially conscience and internationally minded groups.
- Foundations & Funders | Foster partnerships, become a thought-leader in the field, and support meaningful international development projects. GlobalPDX can help ensure that you are supporting meaningful and impactful projects and partners.