GlobalPDX | Working Groups
GlobalPDX Working Groups are customizable collectives within our broader community.
GlobalPDX Members can create a Working Group around a topic, to confront a challenge, or based on professional similarities.
GlobalPDX facilitates and supports Working Groups in the following ways:
- We gather and connect similarly minded people together by publicizing Working Groups which are seeking more members on our website, newsletter, and social media
- Sharing the successes of each Working Group, and publicizing any content that the group would like to promote within the GlobalPDX Community
- GlobalPDX hosts all Working Group resources on website, which can be made public to all members, or kept private for only Working Group members
- GlobalPDX is available for note taking or assisting with facilitation of meetings upon request
- We coordinate with each Working Group’s point-person to ensure that meetings continue at scheduled intervals
As a collective, Working Group also take on certain responsibilities to ensure the progress and success of their meetings:
- Working Groups are in charge of organizing the date and time of their meetings
- Members will decide and reserve the location of their meetings
- Each Group will select a “point person” who will be the main contact with GlobalPDX
- To ensure a sense of inclusion and understanding within the Group, members will decide on ground rules to guide meetings. For example:
- Are the meetings confidential, or open for outside discussion
- Timeliness guidelines
- Are open laptops or phones acceptable, or discouraged?
- Promote discussions on the type of participants who should be invited, and how many members should make up the group
With any questions, or to begin a working group, please contact us directly at [email protected]