April 30th Lunch & Learn
"100 Days of the Biden Administration"
with Sarah Farnsworth (formerly of USAID, the Departments of Defense, and State)
Sarah Farnsworth takes us on a deep analytical dive into the first 100 days of the Biden Presidency. Sarah has worked with a wide range of U.S. government and non-governmental organizational including the White House, U.S. Departments of State, Defense, Interior, Agriculture and Heath and Human Services as well as the U.S. House of Representatives and U.S. Senate and the private sector.
The Impact of Climate Change on Health Care and Migration
April 21 @ 7:00 pm
More than just natural disasters and a warming planet, climate change is a contributing factor to human migration.The climate crisis is also changing the way we think about global health care. From renewable energy to how we respond to disasters, the effects of a warming planet are changing our approach in every way.
Please come learn from our panel of 3 speakers: Andrea Johnson of Green Empowerment; Jane Greenhalgh of NPR; Michael Chapman of Medical Teams International.
Green Empowerment's Annual Benefit Dinner
Sunday, May 2 from 5 - 6:30 PM
This one of a kind virtual event will feature a video premiere which highlights Green Empowerment's work in Peru and around the globe, remarks from Executive Director Andrea Johnson and Program Director Caitlyn Peake, and a chance to connect in small groups for spirited conversation with others who are passionate about building a more equitable and sustainable world. All of this over a three-course Peruvian meal, Mt Hood Winery Summit Red Wine and a gift from us delivered to your doorstep.
Due to COVID 19, GlobalPDX has postponed all in-person events until further notice.
Check out these opportunities to engage virtually:
In 1996 Irene began "Dev Drinks", an informal global development group in her home. It was in these meetings, over micro brews and shared philosophy, that GlobalPDX was born. In 2012 Green Empowerment helped transform these informal gatherings into a strategic networking events for the global development Community. In 2017 Portland State University took GlobalPDX to the next level by developing a framework for GlobalPDX to support local academic pursuits and organizations around Oregon. Ever since GlobalPDX has focused on elevating the impact of globally conscious organizations and amplifying the voices of the passionate individuals of Portland.
A big thanks to our founding Steering Committee Member Organizations who continue to guide the development of GlobalPDX.
Whether your organization has one employee or 1000, you identify as a start-up or a seasoned organization, or are seeking a new network, we have something for you...
- Small INGOs & social enterprises | Promotion to the community and funders, training and shared resources, networking with other organizations, and advertising job, internship or volunteer positions.
- Large INGOs | GlobalPDX will promote your organization, help recruit talented Fellows and employees, and connect you to academic institutions. We will promote high value partnerships with other members on proposals.
- Academic institutions | GlobalPDX is committed to enabling academic programs to connect with practitioners in the field. In addition, we promote your institution, help publicize your research, and assist in placing your students into fellowships and internships.
- Businesses & BCorps Organizations | Direct access to organizations to partner with or sponsor. Promotion of your brand to socially conscience and internationally minded groups.
- Foundations & Funders | Foster partnerships, become a thought-leader in the field, and support meaningful international development projects. GlobalPDX can help ensure that you are supporting meaningful and impactful projects and partners.