January Lunch & Learn
Language Practice Program
For those of us who have learned a language other than our mother-tongue, it takes practice to keep that language fresh and fluent. GlobalPDX's new program pairs up individuals who speak the same language, and want to practice that language together.
From French to Spanish, Russian to Japanese, and many more, submit your information to find the perfect match.
GlobalPDX does not endorse in-person meetings at this point, and recommends that all participants in this program hold their conversations on a virtual platform.
February Lunch & Learn
Drawing on 15+ years of scholar-practitioner learning from and with Indigenous and ethnic communities, Dr. Nirmal works with development and community health organizations to create sustainable and equitable anticolonial practices, systems and policies that support the creation of a better, more just world for all.
Due to COVID 19, GlobalPDX has postponed all in-person events until further notice.
Check out these opportunities to engage virtually:
In 1996 Irene began "Dev Drinks", an informal global development group in her home. It was in these meetings, over micro brews and shared philosophy, that GlobalPDX was born. In 2012 Green Empowerment helped transform these informal gatherings into a strategic networking events for the global development Community. In 2017 Portland State University took GlobalPDX to the next level by developing a framework for GlobalPDX to support local academic pursuits and organizations around Oregon. Ever since GlobalPDX has focused on elevating the impact of globally conscious organizations and amplifying the voices of the passionate individuals of Portland.
A big thanks to our founding Steering Committee Member Organizations who continue to guide the development of GlobalPDX.
Whether your organization has one employee or 1000, you identify as a start-up or a seasoned organization, or are seeking a new network, we have something for you...
- Small INGOs & social enterprises | Promotion to the community and funders, training and shared resources, networking with other organizations, and advertising job, internship or volunteer positions.
- Large INGOs | GlobalPDX will promote your organization, help recruit talented Fellows and employees, and connect you to academic institutions. We will promote high value partnerships with other members on proposals.
- Academic institutions | GlobalPDX is committed to enabling academic programs to connect with practitioners in the field. In addition, we promote your institution, help publicize your research, and assist in placing your students into fellowships and internships.
- Businesses & BCorps Organizations | Direct access to organizations to partner with or sponsor. Promotion of your brand to socially conscience and internationally minded groups.
- Foundations & Funders | Foster partnerships, become a thought-leader in the field, and support meaningful international development projects. GlobalPDX can help ensure that you are supporting meaningful and impactful projects and partners.