March Lunch & Learn
This Lunch & Learn teaches four steps to increasing your persuasiveness, takes a deeper look at how cultural divide, personal narratives, and the positive language tools that are at play in your professional communications.
Spotlighting Quilts for Empowerment
Quilts for Empowerment is doing incredible work in Kenya to empower impoverished women and girls, especially fistula survivors and girls who have been assaulted. An exciting new position has just opened up with this incredible organization:
"We are adding a development position and this team member will become part of an innovative story of hope as young girls are given the opportunity to be safe, healthy, educated, and supported. This person will lead strategies to grow and sustain fundraising and build a strong and active community of donors."
Give GlobalPDX Feedback
We are always seeking to improve and diversify our programming for the Global Changemakers of Oregon.
Do you have ideas for our next Lunch & Learn?
Do you have feedback we can use to improve our offerings?
Did you have a great experience you want to share?
Your feedback will help us improve our programs, and will be entirely anonymous unless you chose to submit your contact information.
Due to COVID 19, GlobalPDX has postponed all in-person events until further notice.
Check out these opportunities to engage virtually:
In 1996 Irene began "Dev Drinks", an informal global development group in her home. It was in these meetings, over micro brews and shared philosophy, that GlobalPDX was born. In 2012 Green Empowerment helped transform these informal gatherings into a strategic networking events for the global development Community. In 2017 Portland State University took GlobalPDX to the next level by developing a framework for GlobalPDX to support local academic pursuits and organizations around Oregon. Ever since GlobalPDX has focused on elevating the impact of globally conscious organizations and amplifying the voices of the passionate individuals of Portland.
A big thanks to our founding Steering Committee Member Organizations who continue to guide the development of GlobalPDX.
Whether your organization has one employee or 1000, you identify as a start-up or a seasoned organization, or are seeking a new network, we have something for you...
- Small INGOs & social enterprises | Promotion to the community and funders, training and shared resources, networking with other organizations, and advertising job, internship or volunteer positions.
- Large INGOs | GlobalPDX will promote your organization, help recruit talented Fellows and employees, and connect you to academic institutions. We will promote high value partnerships with other members on proposals.
- Academic institutions | GlobalPDX is committed to enabling academic programs to connect with practitioners in the field. In addition, we promote your institution, help publicize your research, and assist in placing your students into fellowships and internships.
- Businesses & BCorps Organizations | Direct access to organizations to partner with or sponsor. Promotion of your brand to socially conscience and internationally minded groups.
- Foundations & Funders | Foster partnerships, become a thought-leader in the field, and support meaningful international development projects. GlobalPDX can help ensure that you are supporting meaningful and impactful projects and partners.