Check out the GlobalPDX Podcast
Focused on gathering and sharing the many voices of our GlobalPDX community, our podcast "Speaking Change" highlights conversations with individuals from all areas of expertise, backgrounds, and experiences.
GlobalPDX Member Appreciation Event - August 29th
We are so appreciative of the incredible Global Changemakers of Oregon who have fought harder than ever over this year to achieve their missions and support people around the world. In celebration of you, please join us in Salem on August 29th for an afternoon at STOMP, the Croft Vineyards Tasting Room.
This property offers an open-air space and outdoor seating to enjoy a return to community in the summer sun.
Child Aid’s Get Guatemala Back to School campaign
Most schools in Guatemala have been shuttered for more than a year due to COVID-19, and they are opening slowly, as this nation lags far behind the United States in access to the vaccine. Child Aid works directly with teachers to encourage children return to school when it’s safe, and to keep kids learning in the meantime.
Learn how you can help us get kids back to school and back to the bright futures a good education makes possible!
Join a community that cares:
In 1996 Irene Tinker began "Dev Drinks", an informal global development group in her home. It was in these meetings, over micro brews and shared philosophy, that GlobalPDX was born. In 2012 Green Empowerment helped transform these informal gatherings into strategic networking events for the global development community. In 2017 Portland State University took GlobalPDX to the next level by developing a framework for GlobalPDX to support local academic pursuits and organizations around Oregon. Ever since GlobalPDX has focused on elevating the impact of globally conscious organizations and amplifying the voices of the passionate individuals of Portland.
A big thanks to our founding Steering Committee Member Organizations who continue to guide the development of GlobalPDX.
Whether your organization has one employee or 1000, you identify as a start-up or a seasoned organization, or are seeking a new network, we have something for you...
- Small INGOs & social enterprises | Promotion to the community and funders, training and shared resources, networking with other organizations, and advertising job, internship or volunteer positions.
- Large INGOs | GlobalPDX will promote your organization, help recruit talented Fellows and employees, and connect you to academic institutions. We will promote high value partnerships with other members on proposals.
- Academic institutions | GlobalPDX is committed to enabling academic programs to connect with practitioners in the field. In addition, we promote your institution, help publicize your research, and assist in placing your students into fellowships and internships.
- Businesses & BCorps Organizations | Direct access to organizations to partner with or sponsor. Promotion of your brand to socially conscience and internationally minded groups.
- Foundations & Funders | Foster partnerships, become a thought-leader in the field, and support meaningful international development projects. GlobalPDX can help ensure that you are supporting meaningful and impactful projects and partners.