SPOON Office Sublease
Since mid-March, SPOON has become entirely virtual and foresees staying like that for an extended period. However, we love our office and don’t want to give it up. Therefore, we are looking for a friend or organization who may want to co-share our space.
The office is located at 135 SE Main St, Suite 201 in the Central Eastside Industrial Neighborhood.
GlobalPDX Virtual Lunch & Learn
Big Burnout, or Little Business?
October 22nd, noon - 1pm
In this time of intense and pervasive work-place pressure, more and more individuals are experiencing burnout in the roles where they once felt invigorated. Danielle Isaac opens up a frank conversation around professional exhaustion, and the desire to leave a corporate structure to seek a better work-life balance.
Help CREATE! Meet the Challenge
Due to COVID 19, GlobalPDX has postponed all in-person events until further notice.
Check out these opportunities to engage virtually:
In 1996 Irene began "Dev Drinks", an informal global development group in her home. It was in these meetings, over micro brews and shared philosophy, that GlobalPDX was born. In 2012 Green Empowerment helped transform these informal gatherings into a strategic networking events for the global development Community. In 2017 Portland State University took GlobalPDX to the next level by developing a framework for GlobalPDX to support local academic pursuits and organizations around Oregon. Ever since GlobalPDX has focused on elevating the impact of globally conscious organizations and amplifying the voices of the passionate individuals of Portland.
A big thanks to our founding Steering Committee Member Organizations who continue to guide the development of GlobalPDX.
Whether your organization has one employee or 1000, you identify as a start-up or a seasoned organization, or are seeking a new network, we have something for you...
- Small INGOs & social enterprises | Promotion to the community and funders, training and shared resources, networking with other organizations, and advertising job, internship or volunteer positions.
- Large INGOs | GlobalPDX will promote your organization, help recruit talented Fellows and employees, and connect you to academic institutions. We will promote high value partnerships with other members on proposals.
- Academic institutions | GlobalPDX is committed to enabling academic programs to connect with practitioners in the field. In addition, we promote your institution, help publicize your research, and assist in placing your students into fellowships and internships.
- Businesses & BCorps Organizations | Direct access to organizations to partner with or sponsor. Promotion of your brand to socially conscience and internationally minded groups.
- Foundations & Funders | Foster partnerships, become a thought-leader in the field, and support meaningful international development projects. GlobalPDX can help ensure that you are supporting meaningful and impactful projects and partners.