New Working Group & Virtual Session
Many of us are working with counterparts abroad who have limited access to information about COVID statistics and precautions. Kicking off with a virtual session on August 18th, GlobalPDX is gathering a collaborative working group to share resources and strategies for communicating COVID information to distant communities.
Watch, Laugh, Support!
Virtual Show for Good II
In this time of great challenge, STCK Design LLC and Brain Bang have joined forces in support of The Cupcake Girls and their tenacious Clients. Together we’ve created a variety show to raise awareness and fundraise for those impacted by COVID-19 restrictions.
Due to COVID 19, GlobalPDX has postponed all in-person events until further notice.
Check out these opportunities to engage virtually:
In 1996 Irene began "Dev Drinks", an informal global development group in her home. It was in these meetings, over micro brews and shared philosophy, that GlobalPDX was born. In 2012 Green Empowerment helped transform these informal gatherings into a strategic networking events for the global development Community. In 2017 Portland State University took GlobalPDX to the next level by developing a framework for GlobalPDX to support local academic pursuits and organizations around Oregon. Ever since GlobalPDX has focused on elevating the impact of globally conscious organizations and amplifying the voices of the passionate individuals of Portland.
A big thanks to our founding Steering Committee Member Organizations who continue to guide the development of GlobalPDX.
Whether your organization has one employee or 1000, you identify as a start-up or a seasoned organization, or are seeking a new network, we have something for you...
- Small INGOs & social enterprises | Promotion to the community and funders, training and shared resources, networking with other organizations, and advertising job, internship or volunteer positions.
- Large INGOs | GlobalPDX will promote your organization, help recruit talented Fellows and employees, and connect you to academic institutions. We will promote high value partnerships with other members on proposals.
- Academic institutions | GlobalPDX is committed to enabling academic programs to connect with practitioners in the field. In addition, we promote your institution, help publicize your research, and assist in placing your students into fellowships and internships.
- Businesses & BCorps Organizations | Direct access to organizations to partner with or sponsor. Promotion of your brand to socially conscience and internationally minded groups.
- Foundations & Funders | Foster partnerships, become a thought-leader in the field, and support meaningful international development projects. GlobalPDX can help ensure that you are supporting meaningful and impactful projects and partners.