Pacific Council's fellowship program: Amplify
The Pacific Council wishes to cultivate local-to-global leaders by serving as a project accelerator and profile-builder for early to mid-career professionals.
The Council seeks to be a national advocate for diversity in foreign policy and a stimulator of local-to-global initiatives from the western United States; therefore, it is our hope that this program will amplify the voices and leadership of Black, Indigenous, and communities of color who have been traditionally underrepresented in foreign affairs.
New GlobalPDX Podcast Episode
Combatting Hate Crimes: The Immigrant Story with Sankar Raman
In this time of intense reckoning with our nation's history of racially motivated violence and discrimination against America's immigrants, one Oregon non-profit is working tirelessly to confront such intolerance by telling the stories of Oregon's immigrants.
Green Empowerment Happy Hour
Nerd out with a splash of international development trivia. Travel to Peru and beyond through a short film. And network with others across the globe who are passionate about creating a more equitable world.
Whether you’re a long-time supporter or just interested in learning more about their work, Green Empowerment invites you to kick back and relax at their Virtual Happy Hour event!
Due to COVID 19, GlobalPDX has postponed all in-person events until further notice.
Check out these opportunities to engage virtually:
In 1996 Irene began "Dev Drinks", an informal global development group in her home. It was in these meetings, over micro brews and shared philosophy, that GlobalPDX was born. In 2012 Green Empowerment helped transform these informal gatherings into a strategic networking events for the global development Community. In 2017 Portland State University took GlobalPDX to the next level by developing a framework for GlobalPDX to support local academic pursuits and organizations around Oregon. Ever since GlobalPDX has focused on elevating the impact of globally conscious organizations and amplifying the voices of the passionate individuals of Portland.
A big thanks to our founding Steering Committee Member Organizations who continue to guide the development of GlobalPDX.
Whether your organization has one employee or 1000, you identify as a start-up or a seasoned organization, or are seeking a new network, we have something for you...
- Small INGOs & social enterprises | Promotion to the community and funders, training and shared resources, networking with other organizations, and advertising job, internship or volunteer positions.
- Large INGOs | GlobalPDX will promote your organization, help recruit talented Fellows and employees, and connect you to academic institutions. We will promote high value partnerships with other members on proposals.
- Academic institutions | GlobalPDX is committed to enabling academic programs to connect with practitioners in the field. In addition, we promote your institution, help publicize your research, and assist in placing your students into fellowships and internships.
- Businesses & BCorps Organizations | Direct access to organizations to partner with or sponsor. Promotion of your brand to socially conscience and internationally minded groups.
- Foundations & Funders | Foster partnerships, become a thought-leader in the field, and support meaningful international development projects. GlobalPDX can help ensure that you are supporting meaningful and impactful projects and partners.