January is National Mentoring Month
Get matched with a local professional in this quick and easy program. Simply submit your name and your area of expertise/interest, and you will be matched with a compatible partner whose interests match yours.
Questions? Reach out to [email protected]
ShiftED Camp: Launch a Career You Love
About This Event Series
Calling all mission-driven hustlers, career changers and those who want to find their purpose, passion and make an impact.
Join us for a weeklong camp to gain the skills and knowledge that will enable you to fulfill your mission without burning out. The first step to doing work that matters is identifying what ignites passion, purpose, and satisfaction in your career and in you.
The GlobalPDX Podcast Returns!
As we kick off the New Year, and try to navigate (both personally and professionally) the ever-changing world we find ourselves in, we are excited to continue this podcast and provide connection, content, and support to Oregon's Hub of Global Changemakers.
Join a community that cares:
In 1996 Irene Tinker began "Dev Drinks", an informal global development group in her home. It was in these meetings, over micro brews and shared philosophy, that GlobalPDX was born. In 2012 Green Empowerment helped transform these informal gatherings into strategic networking events for the global development community. In 2017 Portland State University took GlobalPDX to the next level by developing a framework for GlobalPDX to support local academic pursuits and organizations around Oregon. Ever since GlobalPDX has focused on elevating the impact of globally conscious organizations and amplifying the voices of the passionate individuals of Portland.
A big thanks to our founding Steering Committee Member Organizations who continue to guide the development of GlobalPDX.
Whether your organization has one employee or 1000, you identify as a start-up or a seasoned organization, or are seeking a new network, we have something for you...
- Small INGOs & social enterprises | Promotion to the community and funders, training and shared resources, networking with other organizations, and advertising job, internship or volunteer positions.
- Large INGOs | GlobalPDX will promote your organization, help recruit talented Fellows and employees, and connect you to academic institutions. We will promote high value partnerships with other members on proposals.
- Academic institutions | GlobalPDX is committed to enabling academic programs to connect with practitioners in the field. In addition, we promote your institution, help publicize your research, and assist in placing your students into fellowships and internships.
- Businesses & BCorps Organizations | Direct access to organizations to partner with or sponsor. Promotion of your brand to socially conscience and internationally minded groups.
- Foundations & Funders | Foster partnerships, become a thought-leader in the field, and support meaningful international development projects. GlobalPDX can help ensure that you are supporting meaningful and impactful projects and partners.