Website Center for Renewable Energy and Appropriate Technology for the Environment (CREATE!)
CREATE!’s vision is to partner with communities in rural West Africa, particularly Senegal, for sustainable development, poverty alleviation, and climate solutions, with women as the drivers of change. Our mission is to help these communities build resilience in the face of climate change, through improved access to clean water, food security, health and nutrition, and livelihood opportunities, using appropriate technology and environment-based solutions.
About the Position
CREATE! is seeking a Development Coordinator to support fundraising efforts for the organization and to offer some administrative support when required. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: researching and writing new grant applications, reporting on existing grants, maintaining donor records in our database, supporting donor communications, and providing administrative support for CREATE! U.S office including donor events.
This position will work closely with CREATE!’s U.S co-Executive Director. It is a part-time position, with an average of 20 hours available per week and is based at our office in Eugene, Oregon. The Development Coordinator must be available to work on site in our office in downtown Eugene on Mondays – Thursdays. The position will be open until filled.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Research potential foundation funders and organize research materials
- Develop and write foundation grants
- Produce reports on existing foundation grants
- Facilitate communications with potential and existing foundation donors
- Manage foundation records in online database
- Assist in donor communications including emails and phone calls, for gift acknowledgement, personal invitations to events, etc.
- Participate in event planning and coordination for virtual and in-person events, including tracking RSVPs, and running the events with other CREATE! staff
- Represent CREATE! at periodic in-person opportunities to engage the public, promote brand awareness, and collect donations.
- Other philanthropy-related duties as assigned.
- Provide office administrative support as required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to tackle independent research projects
- Highly organized and efficient with ability to successfully multitask
- Commitment to working collaboratively with CREATE! staff members
- Self-starter, able to work independently
Remuneration: The position is a 20 hours per week, $18 per hour part time, non-exempt position based in Eugene, OR.
CREATE! provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants without unlawful regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veterans status, marital status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, Oregon, or local law.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Applicants, please submit your resume and cover letter to CREATE! co-Executive Director Paulomi Bhattacharyya at [email protected]
132 East Broadway, Suite 416
Eugene, Oregon 97403
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com