Website Health In Harmony
Position Title: Operations Intern
Location: Flexible (International Hire)
Report to: HR & (Non-Financial) Operations Director
Status: Part-time at 50% (20 hours per week) for six months Compensation: Competitive depending on remote work location
Start Date: July 1, 2023
Health In Harmony (HIH) is an international non-profit working at the intersection of human well-being and ecosystem integrity, a field known as Planetary Health, our goal is a common one: to reverse the rampant deforestation of tropical rainforests. But our method is unique: we engage with rainforest communities to design solutions that are beneficial to those communities, the local ecosystem, and the planet. Health In Harmony has a long term presence in West Kalimantan, Borneo, with replication sites in Madagascar and Brazil. We are a team of passionate individuals excited about working together and committed to supporting each other as we pursue our vision: Healthy People. Healthy Forests. Healthy Planet.
- Maintain a calendar of all insurance policies renewals and government requirements. ● Create a table of compliance needs for the organization with federal, state and local labor laws and other regulations. Research organization’s compliance responsibilities and add to the table if needed. In cooperation with LTD Global maintain organization’s compliance responsibilities up to date.
- Continue HIH’s progress on GDPR compliance ensuring sensitive data (donor, program participant, financial) is adequately protected via policy development, sharing, and implementation.
- Basic document translation into languages used in HIH programs (French, Portuguese, bahasa Indonesia)
- General administrative duties, such as filing, ordering supplies and equipment, and submitting paperwork and financial documents as needed.
- Assist Operations Coordinator with general board meeting, retreat, and event preparation as needed.
- Assist Operations Coordinator with monthly financial reporting, audits, federal 990 filing, and annual state registration filings as needed.
- Create a list of organizational policies in use in Asana and support their regular review and maintenance.
- Assisting in research of HR policies (labor law database, connections with local lawyers) ● Implementation of workflows through HRIS system – collating and uploading all documents and templates for recruiting, onboarding, performance evaluation, and termination processes
- Translation of human resource documents and policies into languages used in HIH programs
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or student of law, public administration, data management, human resources or similar
- High level of written and spoken English required (C1 level certification required if not native speaker)
- Bahasa Indonesia, French or Portuguese is desirable
- Highly organized and able to work both independently and remotely
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office, Google Workspace and Asana (desirable) ● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player, thriving through team collaboration
- Able to coordinate work across a multitude of time zones
Please submit a resume and cover letter describing your relevant skills and experiences to [email protected] by May 25, 2023. If we select your application, we will be in touch to schedule an interview. We look forward to hearing from you.
Health In Harmony is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equity and anti-colonialism as core organizational values. Applicants should be able to demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Applicants from diverse communities, indigenous peoples and communities of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit healthinharmony.org.